Dental Implants in Maghera
What are dental implants?
- Dental implants can be used to replace a single lost tooth or many missing teeth
- A dental implant is a substitute for a natural root
- Used to support crowns, bridges, or dentures and are surgically placed into the jawbone
- Small screw made of titanium, metal alloys or ceramic that bonds with the jaw
- Provides a stable foundation for replacement teeth
- Preserves the neighbouring teeth and bone structure
Do I have to qualify to have dental implants?
- If you have good general health then they will certainly work for you
- You should have a sufficient amount of good-quality bone. However, you may still qualify for implants even if you have lost a significant amount
- Good oral hygiene is ideal
- You will be expected to answer detailed questions concerning your medical history and you will receive a complete examination of your mouth and teeth
Does it hurt?
- The procedure is usually performed in surgery under local anaesthesia or sedation
- Many patients report that having a dental implant is no more painful than having a tooth extracted
- You will experience some minor swelling and occasionally bruising afterwards
- Simple painkillers can alleviate this pain
- Always follow instructions from your dentist so as to prevent further complications
What is the procedure?
- Dental implants are surgically placed into the jawbone • Gum tissue is opened to expose and prepare the bone
- The implant is then placed and the tissue stitched
- The stitches are typically removed, 7 to 14 days after surgery
- Healing process takes three to six months for the implant to become part of the lower jaw
- When the gum tissue is ready, a special post is attached to the implant
- A crown is made and shaded to match your existing teeth. The crown is then slipped over the post and cemented
- Final result: Crown appears as a natural tooth
- Operation may take from 30 minutes for a single dental implant to several hours for complex surgery
What are the costs?
- Dental implants are more affordable than ever before
- Cost of dental implants is dependent upon the individual case
- We will discuss the question of cost in detail and help you make financial arrangements
- There are a number of financing options
- Sometimes covered at least partially by insurance, depending on your policy
- Some patients require additional procedures that can add to the cost of the treatment plan